Are you ready to be a healthy YOU?
Losing weight can be hard, but you don’t have to do it alone. Dr. Blixt specializes in bariatric medicine, and the treatment of obesity related disorders. His approach to physician assisted weight loss programs is different, built custom to each individual client, and addresses all factors that could be impacting your success.
With Dr. Blixt’s weight loss program, we can help you find the reason why losing weight may be difficult, and address your medical issues individually. By assessing for medical or genetic markers that predispose you to weight issues, Dr. Blixt helps his patients build a plan that best fits their medical history. Obesity is a complex hormonal disease. We will evaluate you and treat you medically, but also work to de-stress your life, relieve anxiety, and discuss any behavioral aspects that may be impacting your weight loss journey.
Whether you need medication assisted treatment, medication management, or a custom physician assisted weight loss program, Dr. Blixt can help! Contact him today to set your first appointment.
Did you know?
The way you were brought up around food, your cultural beliefs about food, and your family history all have an impact on how you’ll lose weight? Dr. Blixt can help you deconstruct the cultural challenges with losing weight. We’ll look for underlying causes that could be preventing you from losing weight.
We Evaluate how these impact your ability to lose weight:
- Sleep habits
- Genetic Conditions
- Co-Morbid Diseases
- Pre-Existing Conditions
- Cultural Impacts
- Thyroid Function
Weight loss Program Requirement Information:
- Body mass index* (BMI) greater than or equal to 30 kg/m²; or
- BMI greater than or equal to 27 kg/m² with any of the following obesity-related risk factors considered serious enough to warrant pharmacotherapy: (We will verify this info when you call for an appointment).
- Coronary heart disease
- HDL cholesterol less than 35 mg/dL, or
- LDL cholesterol greater than or equal to 160 mg/dL, or
- Triglycerides greater than or equal to 400 mg/dL
- Obstructive sleep apnea
- Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus
- Osteoarthritis aggravated by weight
The following services are considered medically necessary for the evaluation of overweight or obese individuals:
- Comprehensive History & Physical Examination
- Complete Blood Count
- Dexamethasone Suppression Test
- Electrocardiogram (EKG)
- Glucose Tolerance Test
- Lipid Profile
- Metabolic & Chemistry Profile
- Thyroid Function Tests